To Our Residents and Family Members:
We know many of you are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 (the new coronavirus) and how it may impact us here at Caring Acres Nursing and Rehab Center. Ensuring residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our first priority and what our highly trained staff are trained to do. Starting 8/6/20 we Are Granting Scheduled Visits however we need everyone’s help in ensuring proper protocols are followed. We ask that visits be scheduled 24 hours in advance with the following start times: Monday - Friday (9:00am, 9:45am, 10:30am) (1:00pm, 1:45pm, 2:30pm, 3:15pm). Weekend hours can be arranged by contacting the Activities department. In the event we have a confirmed positive case in house by either a staff member or a resident, or county positivity rate is of concern, scheduled visits may be limited to compassionate care situations. Please check the testing update post for more information.
Our team is constantly evaluating the pandemic so scheduled visits may be stopped at anytime or canceled depending on many factors (CDC/DIA/CMS/State/County guidelines, county and surrounding county statistics reviewing 20-day trends, internal practices, etc). We will keep everyone informed in the event there is a change in process. In the meantime, please call the facility and we can get you + a guest scheduled for a visit.
What to Expect:
1) A ‘Family Visits Visitor Parking Area’ has been setup in the main parking lot for convenience. When you arrive call 712-762-3219 and a screener will meet you at the first set of the main entrance doors.
3) Only 2 visitors are allowed at a time.
4) Arrive a minimum of 5 minutes prior to your scheduled time 5) Both you and your visitor will be asked CDC questions related to covid symptoms
6) If CDC questions are clear your temp will be taken using an infrared thermometer
7) You will be asked whether or not you and your guest have a mask. If not, one will be provided however if you have your own that is perfect as PPE’s are still in short supply.
8) Once your loved one is seated you and your guest will then be able to fully enter the facility and walk over to the family visits location which is located directly inside the main entrance to the left.
9) Enjoy your visitation with your loved one
10) Remember Face Masks are REQUIRED for all visitors and MUST be worn during the whole time.
11) Once the visit window has passed and you and your visitor are cleared our team will take the remaining time to sanitize the whole area prior to the next visitor.
Example: Chat with Dad is scheduled for 9:00am. Arrive @ 8:50am (Minimum 5 minutes prior to schedule time) and call 712-762-3219 for a screener. Screen = 5-10 minutes. Visit Time starts promptly at 9:00am = 30 minutes. Sanitization of Area = 5-10 minutes.
Reminders: - Do not fully enter the facility until a screener has given the ok - Do not remove your facemask
- DO remember to grab your face mask and bring one with you - DO arrive on time and as scheduled - DO have a great time catching up with your loved one - DO ask questions from the screener or if you need a specific staff member feel free and ask for them.
Our team still acts in an abundance of caution which is why we are limiting all visitors to scheduled times while using enhanced safety measures. Please keep in mind this visit does not apply to compassionate care situations involving end of life.
We understand that connecting with your loved ones is incredibly important which is why we also want to remind everyone that additional forms of communication are still active.
Additional Forms of Communication: A designated resident phone line has been setup to accept incoming calls. (712-762-4535). A Resident only e-mail account has been setup (email@example.com) > Once a message is received a member of our team will work with your loved one to compose a reply. We have also setup an additional email where general questions can be sent and a member of our team will get back to you (firstname.lastname@example.org). Video chats are also available through Facetime and Google Duo.
Caring Acres Nursing and Rehab Center is following the recommendations of the CDC, IDPH, and AHCA on prevention steps. Our team will continue to actively monitor and stay in close contact with the local and state health organizations as we monitor this situation that is facing our globe.
With your help, we will keep all your loved ones and our staff safe from COVID-19. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at: 712-762-3219 or send us a message email@example.com
For additional information, please visit the CDC’s coronavirus disease information page.
Sincerely, Your Caring Acres Family